I got this donation sources/widgets from my resourceful friend Shie of Shie’s Asylum. Just click on the following links to make your online donations for typhoon victims.
Typhoon Ondoy like any other natural disasters that hit our country had left us with unforgettable and painful experiences. But there are valuable lessons we should remember from all of them…lessons to keep us all going…
…The destruction of lives and livelihood is usually caused by lack of preparedness – with or without calamity. The following are the things each family should prepare for before calamity happens.
- Dispose your garbage properly so it won’t clog the drainage and become the source of infection.
- Make sure that power lines are stable or firmly connected; shut down the main power if necessary.
- Boil your drinking water for two minutes or more; save sterilized water.
- Store foods that are not easy to perish.
- Complete vaccination for children.
- Prepare a “first aid kit”, fire extinguisher, flashlight or candle, and battery-operated radio.
- Listen only to reports and reminders coming from the proper authorities.
- Calmly follow all the reminders during evacuation.
- Be careful not to step on open manholes and street gutter.
- Avoid the path near or leading to the river.
- Using a rope, head to the part where the current is coming from. Never loose your grip on the rope.
Picking up the pieces for victims of Ondoy. I’m appealing to our readers to spare a few amount or spread the word about Bayanihan Fund Drive: Donate to Ondoy Flood Victims, initiated by Barrio Siete dot com.
1.) Make a donation to our Bayanihan Fund Drive: Donate to Ondoy Flood Victims. If you can’t, then help us by making this viral and create an entry entitled: “Bayanihan Fund Drive: Donate to Ondoy Flood Victims“. A link to this original entry will be appreciated where your readers can make a donation. Please leave us a note in the comment section if you are joining so we can list your entry, in case the pingback doesn’t work.
2.) Invite other bloggers to join our “Bayanihan Fund Drive: Donate to Ondoy Flood Victims”
3.) We will list the names of the donors in a worksheets, their organization and/or their websites, unless they prefer to be anonymous.
4.) The listing will be updated regularly and will be posted here in Barrio Siete Dot com.
5.) We are only accepting monetary donations in currencies accepted by Paypal.
6.) All donations will be remitted only to the Philippine National Red Cross in Manila. (We have not made any contact with them yet.)
7.) If you prefer: You can make donations directly to the Philippine National Red Cross. Here is the link: Ways to donate
In Barrio Siete, this is where you can make your donation. We will in turn, turn this over to the Philippine National Red Cross.
Thousands have lost their homes, many children are now hungry and stranded on their rooftops. Rescue workers are overloaded with the burden of saving thousands waiting to be saved. Please help by putting a badge or making a small donation.If you would be so kind as to help please click the badge above and you land on the official donation page.
Thanks Mahalia of Chocolateword.net for inviting me to join this cause.