Check out about Zika virus here and read additional information about destroying mosquito breeding sites here to prevent the further spread of dengue, chikungunya and Zika virus.
The Internet is easily accessed and it can be visited by anyone. There are a lot of kids whose minds, culture and traditions are now being molded by what they see online and of course, there are some dangers that kids may be exposed to when they visit the Internet all the time.
You have to remember that you would need to have Smart Parental Control Software that will allow you to monitor the things that your kids are doing online. At the same time, you have to make sure that you recognize all of the dangers that are available. If in case you do not know which one to get, you may want to check Familoop Safeguard as this can help you.
Possible Dangers That May be Encountered
- Cyberbullying – There are a lot of kids who are bullied online because of the things that they post. Cyber bullies are usually created by people who cannot do anything substantial online. They get a kick out of making other people feel bad. Kids may not be ready for this type of negative exposure.
- Obscenity – There are a lot of things that can be seen online that are not yet appropriate for kids. They become a part of the culture that kids tend to feel that it is already normal when it should not be normal at all.
- Predators – There is a big chance that there are some predators online who are willing to ‘befriend’ children and when they have gotten the trust of children, they will start asking for some details regarding your home and what they do. Predators may have different reasons for preying on kids. Some people look for teenagers and they make teenagers believe that they are in love with them while there are also some who prey on kids so that they can gather information about their parents’ accounts.
- Gaming – While playing games is not initially wrong, there are some kids who become too immersed in the world of gaming that they are unable to concentrate on more important matters like school. At the same time, they are exposed to details that they should not know at an early age.
- Over sharing – Your children may be over sharing their personal information online. There are some who post too many photos so people already know where they are at present time. It also gives some people a chance to know more about the lifestyle of children.
If in case you would like to learn more, you may get to check out a Parenting Blog that will hold more information about the things that you need.
Image credit: Clare Bloomfield at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
We received an advisory from Maynilad Customer Helpdesk the other day informing us about water interruption for 15 days.
To our Valued Customer,
As part of Maynilad’s continuous effort to improve its services in the West Zone Concession Area, please be advised on the following improvement schedule/s:
Activity: Reduced water allocation from Angat Dam due to El Niño
Location: Angat Dam
Start – September 16 from 9:00 pm to 4:00 am (Daily)
End – until September 30
The following areas will temporarily experience reduced water supply until the activity is completed.
Portions of Barangays Bagbag
Bagong Silangan, Batasan Hills
Sta. Lucia, Quezon City
We encourage all to store enough water before the scheduled activity. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.
Please be assured that MAYNILAD is continuously finding ways to serve you better.
For clarification and further inquiries, you may call the Maynilad Hotline 1626.
Image courtesy of Idea go at FreeDigitalPhotos.net