I know how it feels when a family member was admitted to a hospital and we don’t have health insurance to cover the cost of hospital and medical expenses. Like health insurance, life insurance is important in protecting the financial well-being of your family and loved ones in the event that the family bread winner dies. It pays a lump sum to your beneficiaries or to your estate. If you would like to compare life insurance quotes then looking online may be your best option. You can look at term life insurance policies and see which one best suits your needs.
Whether it’s a birthday, anniversary or any other occasion, there are always people in your life who are next to impossible to buy for. Check out this list of great gifts for your friends and family who have everything.
- Collector’s coins. You don’t have to be a coin collector to appreciate a shiny gold or silver freshly minted coin set. Proof sets of coins from websites such as govmint.com are available from a wide range of years so you can commemorate a special life event with the gift of a coin set from the year of your choosing.
- Experiences. Everything from cooking classes with celebrity chefs to hot air balloon rides can be gifted as an experience. However, not every experience needs to be expensive or something worthy of reality television. Give your friend or family member a coupon for a day of personal pampering at a spa or even something simple yet heartfelt such as a picnic at their favorite park.
- Charitable donations. Does the person on your gift list support a particular charity? Making a donation in their name shows you care both about the gifteeas well as the cause itself. Not sure which charity to choose? Let your intended recipient decide. There are several websites offering gift cards that allow donors to choose which charity they would like to support.
- Of the Month Clubs. Is your friend or family member a foodie? Fashionista? Yoga lover? Whatever it is they love, there’s a subscription box or of-the-month club for that. Gift your foodie friend with a gourmet food of the month club, your fashionista family member with a cosmetics style box and your yoga loving coworker with a yoga video subscription. Everything from stationary to bourbon can be had on a gift subscription basis.
- Name a Star. Remember in the ’80s when getting a star named after you was a big deal? Today, you can still have a star in the International Star Registry named after you or a loved one. Everyone from U.S. presidents and British royalty to activists like Coretta Scott King have stars bearing their names, making it a truly noteworthy gift.
- Wild animal adoption. While you won’t get a wolf on your doorstep, the National Wildlife Federation does offer adoption kits supporting a wide variety of endangered critters.
If you’re not sure what to get that special someone on your list, any of these unique gifts are sure to please.
Water conservation is necessary because you save money and help the world be a better place to live in.
Water conservation is being practiced by people across the country and in many other countries around the world.
Some of the basic advantages of water conservation are:
- You save money on utility bills.
- It helps in preventing water pollution.
- It can even help in extending the life of our septic system. This can happen if there is a reduction in soil saturation.
- Someone across the lane or somewhere else in the world is getting water because you are conserving it for them.
So, how can you practice water conservation at home?
Here are some of the ways to do it.
1. Check for leaks
Moving around in your home, you should check every faucet and pipe to be sure that there is no leakage. Even if you notice a drip, get it repaired.
Leakages are often seen in toilets. So, check them properly.
2. Water saving faucets
You should look for water saving faucets and save water.
Insulating your water pipes is easy and inexpensive. So, get it done. This will help you get hot water quickly and prevent wasting water as it heats up.
4. Cutting down water waste
There are a number of ways in which you can cut down your water waste at home. One of the ways to do so is by putting float booster or plastic bottles in your toilet tank. In this, you should put an inch of sand (or use pebbles) to add some weight to it. Next, you should fill the bottles with water, lids should be screwed and then place them in the toilet talk.
If this sounds a bit difficult, you can simply buy a tank bank or float booster from Sears.com. Sears.com offers a variety of inexpensive float boosters. So, you can get the same at an affordable price. With minimal investment, you can save gallons of water on a yearly basis.
So, if you are planning to buy one, visit Sears.com and get it.
Additionally, you can even look for coupon codes so that you can get exciting discounts on your purchases. While looking for coupon codes for Sears.com, make sure that you look for them at popular coupon sites like ChameleonJohn because trusted coupon sites will help you get the best coupon that can be clubbed with discounts and offers available at online stores.
5. Shower session
It feels good to enjoy a long shower session. However, you are spending dollars for that. Don’t think that you are not paying for it. You are paying for your shower sessions too. So, keep it small and conserve water.
While shaving, make sure that you rinse the razor in the sink by filling it with warm water. Using running water to rinse your razor is bad because you are simply wasting water. Avoid doing it.
Apart from this, if you have a suggestion to share, please let us know about it in the comments.
Image credit: Kittisak – FreeDigitalPhotos.net